Thursday, September 9, 2010

When people stop being polite...you get The Real World: New Orleans

So…I’ve been keeping up with this season of The Real World: New Orleans which is really not normal for me. I mean, MTV’s The 10 Spot will hold a special place in my heart back in the days of the Real World New York with Mike aka WWE’s the Miz, but since then, I’ve only channel surfed through MTV around 10 pm. However, I can honestly say that this is the best season of The Real World since Las Vegas and we know how out-of-control, not-appropriate-for-television that season was. But this season is different. They actually chose a great cast that interacts well and have seemingly equal air time.

Let me start off by saying that ever since The Real World upped the cast number from seven to eight, they’ve had better drama. Four boys and four girls go together much more evenly than the awkward third wheel, or dreaded fifth wheel. And speaking from someone who has been the third wheel in a lot of situations, no one likes to sit there awkwardly like while two people canoodle at dinner.

Back to this season- the cast is awesome and it seems like all of them have some pretty hefty back-stories which makes me love each and every one of them a little bit more, save Ryan. That crazy kook is downward spiraling so fast that I don’t even know what happened to him. Other castmates I love to hate or hate to love:

Jemmye – She has this crazy accent/possible speech impediment, regularly gets belligerent on Bourbon Street, usually cries every episode, but is still somehow lovable. Also, her relationship with Knight brings me to my next hate to love character.

Knight – The fact that he is visibly losing weight on the show due to his recent stint in rehab says a lot about his past. He was addicted to pain meds, has slayed over 50 girls, but is absolutely adorable. When I see him and Jemmye together, I’m either cringing or cooing because it’s just too darn cute.

Ryan – Ah, the villain. He has the weirdest isms I’ve ever seen: he uses his blow dryer on himself to keep warm, he rubs people’s earlobes, and has the weakest gag reflex known to man. Not a fan. If anyone IS a fan out there (and I know you exist because of Youtube videos like this) you should seriously reconsider your life choices.

Eric – I’m simply putting Eric’s name on here so I can talk about how delicious looking he is. Blue eyes, light brown skin. He had me at hello.

The season finale is on next week (9/15) at 10 pm and even if you haven’t watched this season thus far, I strongly suggest you tune in because Ryan, aka the Villain, is coming back and it should provide some good television.


The Real World New Orleans: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment