Thursday, September 16, 2010

So Many Movies...So Little Money

There are more than my bank account’s worth of movies that I am just dying to see in the coming weeks!!  Here’s a list of some of my chart-toppers…whatayathink?


Wall Street:  Money Never Sleeps
I saw the first one per the request of my dad.  He said “Gordon Gekko’s a character,” and I can’t help but to agree with him.  I hated him for the majority of the first movie, but it was probs an awesome role to play.  Anyway…this movie looks like the perfect combination of wealth, greed, sophistication, and crookedness.  Shia LaBeouf is one of my favorite Young Hollywood actors and it looks like he nails it.  It should also be interesting to see his relationship on-screen with his off-screen girlfriend, Carey Mulligan.


Easy A
To call something “The New Mean Girls” is just unacceptable.  Unless, of course, it lives up to its name.  Emma Stone is a funny female actress, a rarity in Hollywood, and I think she could play her part really well.  Mix in some great one-liners and I’d put it in the running.

The Town
So I was seeing some other movie and while waiting for the previews to start, some kid starts talking about how this movie, The Town, is like The Departed.  Well, The Departed is another one of my favorite movies and in my opinion, you can’t just go around saying stuff like that.  No one has ever been more surprised by an ending like that to a movie since The Sixth Sense.  Comparison aside, this movie has potential.  Ben Affleck writing/directing anything has potential, let’s be serious.  It looks like they’ve cast a lot of well-known stars so I’m interested in seeing whether or not I believe them playing their roles altogether in one movie. 


The Social Network
I love Facebook.  It’s the most brilliant distraction tool ever invented.  And now, we get to see the drama behind its creation.  Plus, Kanye West’s “Power” in the trailer is perfect.

127 Hours
I kinda remember hearing the story about Aron Ralston who had to cut off his own arm after being trapped under a rock for five days.  Now it’s being made into a movie?  And it stars James Franco?  And the majority of the movie takes place while he’s trapped under a rock?  Wait, what?  Nevermind, I’m there.

Catfish
A true story.  I’ve heard that one before.  But this one is oddly believable.  It’s about some kid who kindles a relationship with a girl through, what else, Facebook.  He’s getting serious with her and decides he’s gonna take a trip to her house and surprise her.  At this point, s**t starts getting weird.  They don’t reveal much in the trailer because IT’S THAT GOOD. 

So that’s pretty much my fall movie wishlist.  Please let the rain pour down so I can collect my $20 every time I mow the lawn.  I’m gonna need a lot of money for this line-up.  Fasy and I will do our best to catch some of these flicks and review them for all of you out there.  Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment